Whenever someone sees an advertisement or wants to buy something, they will first search for the related image. Only when they see it will they start to trust your product. So, you must add photos to your Facebook marketplace listing.
Without a quality image, it is very hard to trust anything, especially in social media. There are abundant scams even when you see the product online.
So, if you want to sell something on FB, the minimum thing you should do is to include related photos.
This is necessary whether it is an item, vehicle, or property. You may even need to update the pictures on your existing listings because of the low selling rate.
Hence, this blog will teach you to add photos to your Marketplace listing, whether it is a new or existing one. Meanwhile, let’s also learn to turn off comments on the Facebook business page if interested.
Can you Add Photos to the Facebook Marketplace Listing?
Yes, you can add photos to the Facebook marketplace listing. You can upload it to a new listing or the existing one based on your situation.
However, it is better to post quality images during your listing since changing them afterward may confuse your audiences.
Remember to add a picture with high quality and aspect ratio with good lighting. Also, be sure to show your product as intended by your selling terms.
For instance, if you rent a room, you should show the entire room in your picture so that people can gauge the size.
Also, since you can add multiple photos, you should show each side of your product. This will help you introduce your product to the viewers more.
Of course, do not put the pictures of others without permission. You may encounter a copyright strike.
So, using your mobile camera to take a live picture of your product is better.
Also Read: How To Change Cover Photo On Facebook Page?
How to Add Photos to a Facebook Marketplace Post?
You can add photos to the Facebook Marketplace post using a Smartphone and a PC.
So, depending on the location of your images, you can use any device you have. Anyway, let’s go over this process on both devices for your convenience.
On Mobile App
Follow the step-by-step procedure below on your Android or iOS (iPhone or iPad) to add photos to the Facebook Marketplace post.
1. First, open the Facebook or FB Lite application on your Mobile Phone and sign in to your account with the correct credentials.
2. Next, tap the hamburger menu on the homepage and choose the “Marketplace” option under the “All shortcuts” heading.
3. After that, you have two choices: create a new listing or edit the existing one.
Add Photos to the New Marketplace Post:
Follow the steps below to add images to the new listing.
1. Press the “Sell” button from the top left corner to add photos to the new listing.
2. Now, choose “items,” “Vehicles,” or “Properties” according to your product.
3. After that, press the “Add photos” box from the top to start adding the necessary images of your product.
You can either select the pictures from your Gallery or capture them online through your camera.
Remember, you can add a maximum of 10 pictures on a single listing. So, long press an image and select multiple of them from your Gallery.
Remember, the order of the images on a listing is always based on the order in which you choose them. Hence, make sure to select the best shots first if there are multiple ones.
4. Once you finish choosing, press the “Next” button from the top right corner.
5. Now, add your product’s title, price, category, condition, description, etc.
6. Finally, press the “Publish” button from the upper right corner, and your images will appear along with your listing on the Marketplace.
Add Photos to Existing Marketplace Post:
Follow the steps below to add photos to the existing Marketplace listing.
1. First, press the “user” icon from the upper right corner of your Marketplace page.
2. Next, tap the “Your listing” option under the “Selling” section.
You will now see all your listings in this section.
3. After that, tap the three dots next to the listing where you want to add photos and select the “edit listing” option.
4. Now, press the “Add photos” box at the top and start adding images as you want.
You can add them from your Gallery or capture them using your camera. But don’t exceed the 10-image limit.
5. You can also delete the existing image by pressing the “cross” icon at the top of it.
6. Once you attach all the pictures, press the “Save” button from the upper right corner, and you are done.
Your Marketplace listing will now show your new images.
On Desktop Web App
Follow the instructions below on your desktop web browser to add photos to the Facebook Marketplace post.
1. First, open your FB account on the computer or laptop and click the “Marketplace” option from the left panel.
Add photos to the New Marketplace Listings:
2. Press the “Create New listing” button from the left panel if you want to add photos to the new one.
Note: Skip to step 8 to add photos to the existing listings.
3. After that, choose the listing type based on what you want to post: Items, Vehicles, or Property.
4. Now, press the “Add photos” box from the left panel and start choosing images from your computer storage.
You can press the “Ctrl” or “Shit” button on your keyboard while selecting to choose multiple ones. Of course, don’t select more than ten pictures.
5. Then, press the “open” button from below, and all the images will be uploaded immediately.
6. Once the images are uploaded, you can add the title, price, and description of your product.
After that, press the “Next” button.
7. Finally, click the “Publish” button from the left panel.
Now, your listing will have all the related images along with the description.
Add photos to Existing Marketplace Listings:
8. Press the “Sellng” option from the left panel on your Marketplace page to add photos to your existing listing.
9. Now, click the three dots next to the listing of your choice and choose the “Edit listing” option.
10. After that, press the “Add photo” button from the left panel and choose images from your local storage.
Click the “cross” icon next to the image if you don’t want it to appear on your listing.
11. Once all the images are uploaded, you can hit the “Update” button from the lower left corner.
Now, people will see the new photos on your Marketplace listings.
Note: Be careful of the order of the photos if there are multiple of them on your listing.
How many Photos can you Add on Facebook Marketplace Post?
It is possible to add a maximum of ten photos in a single Facebook marketplace post or listing. More than that, and you will get a red error.
If you upload more images than necessary, you can always remove them by pressing the “cross” icon from the top of it.
Can you Add More than 10 Pictures on Facebook Marketplace?
No, you cannot add more than ten pictures on a single listing on Facebook Marketplace.
So, you should make another listing if there are more pictures. You can also publish them on your page or group and give the link in your description.
How to Remove Photos from Facebook Marketplace Listing
To remove the photos from your Facebook Marketplace listing, follow the steps below on your device.
1. First, locate that listing on your FB account.
2. After that, press the three dots next to it and choose the “Edit listing” option.
3. Now, tap the “cross” icon at the top left side of an image if you want to delete it from the listings.
Repeat the same steps for any other photos if you want.
4. Finally, press the “Save” or “Update” button and you are done.
People can no longer see the images you removed on your listings on the Marketplace.
How to Change the Order of Photos on Facebook Marketplace
You can easily change the order of your photos on the Facebook Marketplace using a PC (Windows or Mac). So, you can follow the steps below.
1. First, find your listing on the Marketplace page, press three dots, and choose the “Edit listing” option.
2. Next, drag the image from one place to another in the left panel.
You can look at the preview on the right panel to know if the order is right.
So, just drag the photo with your mouse onto the desired order on the left panel.
3. Finally, press the “Update” button from the bottom left corner.
Now, people will see the image in your updated order on the listing.
You cannot add photos to your Facebook Marketplace post if it exceeds the limit (10 images), if you violate the guidelines, or due to technical issues.
Your photos may not show up in the FB Marketplace due to technical errors, glitches, violation of community guidelines, etc.
Yes, you can upload pictures from Google Photos to your FB Marketplace.
For this, press the “add photo” option and choose the images from Google Photos.
However, if you have the Gallery app on your phone, you should first download those pictures on your local storage before uploading them.
In conclusion, you can quickly add photos to your Facebook Marketplace listing, whether it is a new or old post.
However, you can only upload up to 10 photos in a single post. And, do care about the order of your images when publishing them on your listing.
Overall, take your time and use quality photos. Let’s also learn to post reels on Facebook business pages if interested.