Material design was introduced by Google in Google I/O Conference in June 2014. Since then, material design has taken over the smartphone app world. And now, it has started taking its place in web and desktop applications as well. Websites and applications have adapted to the material design and implemented it into their designs. We can see the material design card or paper-like designs everywhere now. Material design has changed the path of designing altogether.
Material design is a sophisticated designing philosophy. Since the dawn of material design, there have been developments in the way. Designers are implementing and changing small details in their designs, leading to the evolution of Material.
Material designs now incorporate animations and transitions as well. The card design of Material has also evolved over time.
We have collected 10+ material design card examples below. We are sure you might never have seen some of them before.
- Material Design Calendar App UI Design
- Material Design HTML5 and CSS3 Login Forms
- Best Material Design Frameworks
- Material Design Color Palette Generating Tools
The source codes to these examples are also available to download. Have a look at some card examples to blow your minds away.
1. Introducing People Cards
2. Material Design Lite Card Grid
3. Simple Material VCard
4. Material Design – Responsive Card
5. Drag and Throw 3D Card Pile
6. Material Article Preview Card
7. Mobile Material Design Card
8. Material Design Cards
9. Material Inspired Card Slider
10. Skill Material Card
11. Material Overlay Animation
12. Material Design Card – For Blog Post Article
Material design changed the concept of designing. It has brought life to designing, using everyday objects as inspiration. Material design looks simple but the concept behind is sophisticated. To incorporate the look and feel of things into design seems like a master plan. Yet here we are, enjoying the fruit of design engineering on our fingertips. We hope to see and feel more of this design as we go along in the future.