Are you tired of searching for posts, photos, and other visible content on a Facebook page? Well, don’t worry about that because FB has got your back. Things have changed drastically since this platform started its journey in 2004. Within these years, various tools and features have been added by FB. One such feature is search within a Facebook page.
It can help you to find various contents with relative ease, no matter how big a page is. Moreover, the filtration system you can access while using this feature makes it even easier to navigate posts.
Well, Searching a Facebook page is no big deal, but do you know how to search within a Facebook page?
If not, we’ll help you out. In this blog, we will guide you on how to explore photos and other content inside a Facebook page in simple steps. Meanwhile, you can also comment as a business page on any post.
Can you Search Within a Facebook Page?
Yes, you can search within a Facebook page. This platform allows you to find any visible content based on keywords, dates, and locations you type.
Accessing this feature is like having the gateway pass to a plethora of information about a page and its activities.
Whether you want to analyze your competitor’s content or just to navigate information on a post, this feature can come in handy for you in various ways.
With this feature, you can see every content uploaded by a page, including photos, videos, status, etc.
But remember that you must know something that exists on a post, such as a date, tagged location, keywords, and names.
What’s more fascinating is that you can navigate posts with different filters: posts you’ve seen, most recent, tagged location and date posted.
However, you can only view those posts if their visibility has been set to public.
Also Read: How To View Your Facebook Page As A Visitor
How to Search within a Facebook Business Page
Searching for photos and posts within a Facebook business page is no sweat. The complexity while searching depends upon the accuracy of the keyword and name you entered.
It’s because everything you type in the search bar will automatically show what you’re looking for.
Here, we will provide the simplest methods for mobile phones(Android and iOS) and PCs(Windows and Mac) so that you won’t have any problems with the device.
On Mobile App
To search posts and content within a Facebook Business page on the Mobile app (Android and iPhone), follow the below step-by-step process:
1. Open the Facebook application on your smartphone and make sure that you’re logged in.
2. After that, click on the search icon on the messenger icon’s left side.
3. Type the page name where you want to navigate posts. You can see different categories below the search bar if you don’t find them, like Videos, Posts, People, Groups, etc.
Swipe to the left and click on the pages.
4. Select the right page, as there will be numerous with similar names. Then, you’ll be directed to it’s profile panel.
4. Now, click on the three dots on the right-hand side of Like.
5. Click on Search right below Block.
6. In the search box, type the name and keywords related to the post. You can type any sentence or word that might be on that particular post possibly.
For example, If you want to search old posts that are related to Luffy on a One Piece page, type Luffy.
After that, you’ll get to see all the content that includes the word “Luffy.”
Besides that, you can also find that content by typing the location and posted date of that specific post.
On Desktop Web App
To search for posts and content within a Facebook business page using your computer, follow the below guidance step-by-step:
1. Open Facebook.com on a web browser and ensure you’re logged in.
2. Now, tap on the search box in the top left corner.
3. Type the name of the page where you want to navigate for the post.
4. After that, tap on Pages under the Filter section.
5. You will find various pages with similar names; choose the right page. Then, you’ll be directed to it’s profile panel.
6. Click the search button beside the Like or Follow button. If you don’t find it there, click on the three dots below the CTA buttons, such as Message, Follow, Like, etc.
7. Then, type keywords and names in the post you’re trying to navigate.
You can also filter the posts with the multiple options on your left side. It will help you find your results more efficiently.
Where is the Search Bar on the Facebook Business Page?
The search bar on the Facebook business page appears on your home page. However, its precise location varies depending on what device you’re using.
If you’re using a mobile, it is available on the right-hand side, along with the messenger icon. But if you’re using a computer, it appears in the top left corner.
This keyword-based search engine gives you results depending on what you typed there.
With the help of the search bar, you can explore tons of Posts, People, Groups, Events, etc.
Thus, you should carefully choose which one you are looking for.
How to Search within a Page by Most Recent Content
While searching for a post through a Facebook page, you’ll have four different filters to navigate the content more accurately.
But how can you do it through the most recent content specifically?
1. First, find and open the page. You’ll be directed to its profile.
2. Click on the Search button if it is available on the profile panel. If not, click on the three dots at the right end.
3. After that, click on Search and type the keywords and names that appear in that post. To navigate the posts by most recent content, enable the Most Recent toggle button from the Filter section on your left side.
Then, every post will appear with your given keyword based on how recently it was posted.
Also Learn: How To Check Facebook Page Creation Date
How to Search within a Facebook Page by Posted Date
There is only a slight change between searching through recent content and through date posted. So, follow the guidance below, and you’ll get it done with relative ease.
1. First of all, find and open the right business page.
2. Click on the Search icon; it’s available below the cover photo. And if it’s not, tap on the three dots on the right end of More.
3. Now, write in the names and keywords available on the post you’re searching for.
4. Under the filter section on the left-hand side, click on the Date posted and choose the specific year when the content was uploaded.
There, you’ll see every content posted on that particular year with your given keywords and names serially.
Can you Search for Something by Location within a Page?
Yes, you can search for any content and visible posts by location within a page. Besides dates and keywords, tagged areas on the post can also help you a lot.
However, before searching for something by location, you must know the area that has been set into that post. Or else it’ll be a little harder for you to navigate it.
For that, you just need to use the same process, like searching for posts through posted dates and the most recent content. However, you should make a slight change in the process.
You must click on the tagged location in the filter section rather than the other three options.
After typing its name in the search text box, you should select the precise location from the drop-down menu.
You can’t search a business page because the page you are looking for might have blocked you or limited its privacy.
Yes, you can only view search results that you’ve not seen before. To do so, you must enable the Post you’ve seen toggle button.
You can search for photos, videos, and any other visible content posted on a Facebook business page.
Coming to the end, you can search within a Facebook page, and doing so is not a complex process.
However, you can only search photos, videos, and other visible content on that page.
The search bar on Facebook is located on the top left of your homepage. Moreover, you can search the posts by enabling the most recent toggle button, post you’ve seen, location, and date posted.
If you have some free time, also learn to post on someone’s timeline.